I’ll be selling limited edition prints and some of my infamous Pop Crucifixes at SOMArts this Sunday. I’ll be joined by the lovely Nicole Schach (above) and other artists selling items all for $25.00 or under. The details are below.
SUNDAY, APRIL 10, 2–6PM
SOMARTS ALL ACCESSS! Open House & Pop-Up Shop
SOMArts opens its doors for a Sunday of art, food and entertainment! Stroll through the community garden, grab lunch from a local food cart, and learn more about our classes, activities and events, including opportunities to:
- Purchase artwork and crafts made by local artists at the SOMArts Pop-up Shop—all within the accessible price range of $5–25. Coordinated by Dia de los Muertos curator Rene Yañez and Main Gallery Curator & Gallery Director Justin Hoover.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at our studio spaces (print studio, darkroom, dance & ceramics studios), including demonstrations by Katie Gilmartin of Chrysalis Print Studio as well as Tom Ferentz and Rene Jones of Sixth Street Photography Workshop.
- Meet Ajay Deshmukh, coordinator of San Francisco’s longest-running figure drawing class! Ajay will be showing artwork from students and answering questions for the drawing-curious.
- Enjoy writers from Feast of Words: A Literary Potluck who will be eating, reading and sharing work from the monthly series.
- Visit the Mobile Arts Platform’s recreation of its Cherry Blossom Festival exhibit in the SOMArts Bay Gallery.
Open House Workshop and Demonstration Schedule
2:00-2:30 Origami with Jeremy Shafer of Bay Area Rapid Folders
2:30–3:00 Chrysalis Studio Printmaking Demonstration with Katie Gilmartin
3:00–3:30 Darkroom Q&A with Rene and Tom of Sixth Street Photography
3:30–4:00 Yoga Meditation led by Crystal Nelson in the SOMArts Dance Studio AND Origami with Jeremy Shafer of Bay Area Rapid Folders
4:00–4:30 Chrysalis Studio Printmaking Demonstration with Katie Gilmartin
4:30–5:00 Darkroom Q&A with Rene and Tom of Sixth Street Photography
5:00–5:30 Yoga Meditation led by Crystal Nelson in the SOMArts Dance Studio